Monday, March 21, 2011

A Weekend Cake-ation

So as it turns out...I couldn't even take a whole weekend off without involving cake and cupcakes :) In three days, I made a pretty good haul, coming home with 4 new sets fondant cutters, some adorable cupcake boxes, a few new icing tips and, best of all, a new book!!

The book comes from a fellow blogger and baker (far more talented than myself.) I'd been to Bakerella.com before and was very excited to hear that she'd published a book dedicated to adorable cake pops. I've tried these before, but in all honesty, they looked like little blobs of chocolate on a stick rather than the cute little creations Bakerella seemed to create.

I highly recommend this book and it's many wonderful tips and tricks. I'm very much looking forward to trying out cupcake pops in the near future!!

You can find the book on Amazon here: Cake Pops

How cute are they?!

Tonight I'm making a cake for my grandmother's 70th birthday, and I've yet to decide on a theme. It's going to be a cookies and cream cake, that much I've decided. I suppose some time between now and 5 p.m. I'll decide what I'm going to do with it. I'll be sure to document the progress of the decorations and update soon!

Happy Baking!

Crystal

2 comments:

Lindsey & Cole said...

Lady,
Cake Pops are rather fun to make. Red Velvet are absolutely my favorite to make and I never knew I was a fan of RVC until I tried it on a cake pop for my cousins baby shower....yum!

can't wait to see your creations!

Crystal said...

What I like about cake pops is that you can add another whole layer of flavor to them! So, say, red velvet with cream cheese icing dipped in white chocolate. Or milk chocolate...or dark...ok, I need to make these pronto! LOL!!