Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Pursuit of Perfection



While fine-tuning a recipe for St. Patrick's Day (which may include some Bailey's Irish Cream!) I got to thinking of all the possibilities and all the flavours that can come together in a simple cupcake. Between the cake, the filling and the icing, there are thousands of options out there, waiting to be discovered.

So the question I have for you is this:

If you could walk into a cupcake shop and order the perfect cupcake, what kind would you ask for? What kind of cake, what kind of frosting? Would it have sprinkles? Fillings? Coconut? 

Let your imagination go wild and post your answers below!! I'll pick my favourite and put together a recipe and tutorial in a future entry :) Who knows, maybe you'll even end up as a regular on my menu!

Happy Baking!

Crystal

4 comments:

Linda D. said...

Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting no sprinkles or filling. Yummy!

Mel said...

I did have the perfect cupcake last December, two days before Christmas, at Molly's Cupcakes in Chicago, sitting at a table with my fabulous little cousins underneath figure skates in a bubble on the wall.

Cupcake was red velvet, filling was peppermint mousse, frosting was cream cheese with a touch of peppermint as well, and a Hershey's Candy Cane Hug was on top. Unbelievable.

Melissa said...

Do muffins count as cupcakes? I would so get a carrot muffin, but really moist and cupcakey. With just the right amount of cream cheese frosting on it. MmmMMmm

Lindsey & Cole said...

I agree with the post about Carrot. A yummy moist carrot cake muffin with homemade cream cheese frosting would be the perfect cupcake for me. All the fat and calories too..... ;)