Sunday, February 13, 2011

Introduction

So...I suppose I should introduce myself seeing as how this is a brand new blog and it's been my experience that the best place to begin is at the beginning. 

I've been wanting to start a new blog for a while, debated on whether I'd have the time to adequately contribute to it, if I had the knowledge and know-how to mix some of my baking adventures into it and all the while keep it entertaining. I decided to try and if it all goes badly, oh well, I tried :) 


As you'll see in my handy little "about me" gadget, my name is Crystal, I'm 20-something and I live in the frozen tundra of Northern Canada (I'm only half kidding about the tundra thing...) I live with a flurry of furry fiends and a husband who occasionally ventures into the kitchen when I'm baking -- although he is mostly banned to the outer part of the island where he won't get in the way of the madness. 

As I'm typing this, my first "project" is in the oven, all ready for Valentine's Day! I've managed to document and put together a chocolate cheesecake that is so massive, it'll be shared by 4 different groups of people (us, the parents, the grandparents and the co-workers) all of whom are familiar with my creations and have no problems being guinea pigs! :) 


So please subscribe and I'll do my best to keep you entertained. Until then, happy baking!!

0 comments: